Tri-Valley CUSD #3 is looking for a dependable, high energy, and hard working administrative assistant for the Unit Office. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Superintendent and School Board of Education, and to assist with efficiently operating the district. We are seeking a candidate with the ability to support the district by ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the district office; establish and maintain records; learn and understand computer information systems such as Skyward; and respond promptly and kindly to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. A minimum of 4 years experience in an office management or related position.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills to work with teachers, education
support personnel, building administrators and the general public.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) as well as the Google Apps suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
5. Ability to communicate to students, parents and staff in an acceptable/courteous manner.
6. Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow employees and pupils.
7. Ability to enforce school regulations and policies in a professional manner.
12-month contract based on the qualifications of the candidate (ranging from $36,000-$46,000). Benefits include pension through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), medical insurance coverage, and vacation/sick leave.
Candidates will be interviewed in September and the Board of Education will hear the recommendation to hire at the October board meeting. Once hired, the contract will begin on approximately November 1, 2022.
About Tri-Valley CUSD #3:
Tri-Valley CUSD #3 is located in Downs, Illinois (only 8 minutes from Bloomington/Normal).
The district office is on the same campus of the three schools (Tri-Valley Elementary, Middle, and High School) and is located at 410 E Washington Street in Downs, Illinois. All three Tri-Valley schools have received National Blue Ribbon recognition by the US Department of Education. In addition, the district has earned academic achievement awards through the ISBE as well as being named in national publications as high performing schools. Tri-Valley has an expectation of success and innovation both in and outside the classroom for all students and programs.
How to apply/Instructions
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references via email or mail to:
Karen Ijams: email@example.com
Tri-Valley Community Unit School District #3
410 East Washington Street
Downs, IL 61736